NPC's & FOLLOWERS Oct 19, 2015 12:13:34 GMT -8
Post by ϟ F ϟ on Oct 19, 2015 12:13:34 GMT -8
NPC's, or Non-Player Characters, exist as a way for the staff the bridge the gap between your creativity as a player and the overall atmosphere of the site is intended to set. NPC's can be tailored to a player's specific role-play environment, as well as represent an aspect of the forum's current storyline which the player must choose to deal with accordingly. Created by both players and staff alike, they will obviously have general guidelines and restrictions for purchase, use, and interaction.
NPC's exist everywhere. Those that help you on a constant basis are referred to as Followers. They can be attained either by purchasing them within the Workshop, or as a prize for surviving Special Event role-play, or even certain Random Encounters. Regardless, all Followers will be by your side until their demise - that is, until they die/are killed off. Keep in mind Followers do not transfer over to new characters made.
A few basic rules exist for store purchased Followers:
- Although they cannot belong to a Kekkei Genkai (Bloodline), or have a Kekkei Touta (or any Advanced Releases for that matter), store purchased Followers can belong to basic Clans, possess basic releases, and use basic fighting styles.
- All Followers will have a specialty type, just like PC's (so either Nin, Gen, Tai, or Master of None).
- A Follower's base EXP and stats are determined by their rank. All Followers will use the default starting experience each rank receives, and nothing more. They do not gain further experience either.
- All Followers start empty handed. You must buy them any item you wish them to have.
- Followers may never get their own thread. As their name implies, they follow you wherever you go - literally.
- Though you may own and manage as many Followers as you would like, certain threads/situations will force you to limit the amount you can actually use. By default, players can own as many Followers as they want, but may only use up to three (3) within a single thread. Once a Follower is deployed in a thread, it cannot be used anywhere else until they exit said thread.
- Keep in mind that upon purchasing a Follower, one must create a profile for them prior to use. This profile is the same used for registering a character, with the only requirement being that one provide a link to the shop transaction as proof of purchase. Once approved by staff, the NPC will be ready for use! By being broken down into ranks, NPC's have a scaled, wide variety of abilities, making them useful in propelling one's story.